MBTU offers scholarships in order to promote personal and professional development of students from around the globe. These grants are available for all our programs and are based on: demonstrated academic merit in previous studies; excellence in cultural activities; and persons from minorities.
Any student can apply as long as they comply with the requirements established by our academic units:
- Have status as admitted student. Access our Admission form with the following link.
- Submit a written explanatory letter (double spaced and maximum of two (2) pages) in which you describe your need or interest in the scholarship and your educational goals.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a professor or other professional who can attest to the academic potential and skills of the interested party, detailing the grounds to consider you a candidate to receive the scholarship. For master’s studies, two (2) letters are required, one from a professor and the other from a work supervisor or employer, which attests to your skills, abilities, and leadership qualities. This information must be provided to the admissions department at the following email: [email protected]
Responsibilities of the student:
The student interested in one of our scholarships must:
- Complete the scholarship application process.
- Depending on the type of scholarship, submit additional documentation that is requested.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher to retain the assigned scholarship.
- The Scholarship Committee is in charge of analyzing and issuing a response for the applications submitted.
The Committee members are:
- Academic Coordinator
- Chief Financial Officer
- The Scholarship Committee will issue a decision resolution within a period of ten (10) days prior to the start of classes for each academic period.
- The decision will be based on a score obtained from a weighted analysis of different factors.
- The percentage of the assigned scholarship will range from 50% to 100%
- The Scholarship Committee will send an official letter to scholarship applicants, communicating the final decision.
MBTU offers its students two methods of payment for courses taken in each academic period or semester:
- Full payment of the credits registered in the academic period, which must be made before the beginning of said period*.
- Direct financing method in which the total cost of the credits taken by the student in a semester